Building our Lending Circles SoCal community
Leveraging our communities’ strengths and innovations, Lending Circles programs offer zero-interest, credit building loans alongside financial education to help clients save money, pursue financial goals, and increase overall financial health.
Over the years, we’ve partnered with some incredible organizations who provide Lending Circles directly to their local communities.
Leaders like Rosa, a Dreamer, advocate, and aspiring lawyer who bravely shared her own story with us, forcing us to challenge one-dimensional narratives about the immigrant community.
Leaders like Nora, who is making strides towards achieving financial security and becoming a homeowner again, after losing her home and business during 2007 financial crisis.
Now, we’re looking to deepen our impact in Southern California and grow the Lending Circles provider network!
Applicants must be an established 501 C(3) non-profit organization in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Ventura, Orange, and Riverside Counties.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Cohesion: A clear understanding and description of how the Lending Circles model aligns and integrates with your current programmatic activities and organizational priorities;
- Capacity: The capacity to carry out a mutually-defined set of milestones and deliverables, especially as it relates to enrolling participants;
- Community: A demonstrated and clearly articulated community need and/or target population;
- Commitment: An intention to and experience with maintaining long-term partnerships
A complete application will include the following attachments:
- Your organization’s IRS 501(c)3 determination letter;
- Organizational budget for the current fiscal year;
- Most recent audited financials;
- Fully executed mutual non-disclosure agreement if not received already (this will be sent to you to sign by MAF);
- Overview of financial education curriculum offered through your organization (if any). This includes details regarding lesson topics, number and length of sessions, and any samples of lesson plans.
All applications are due by Friday, July 26 at 5pm PDT (late submissions may not be considered). Please submit online here. Selected organizations will be announced on September 3rd.
Awardee must successfully fulfill the following:
- At least 35 clients served through financial education;
- At least 35 clients participate in Lending Circles per year;
- Utilize client management systems and evaluation tools for tracking client progress and program outcomes;
- Work closely with MAF to disseminate findings of the project, and influence dialogue on financial capability in Los Angeles County and neighboring region, with a broader audience including local media, other asset building practitioners, federal agencies and elected officials;
- Is dedicated to initiating a long-term partnership and signing a partnership agreement.